Thursday, March 05, 2009

I HATE CARS




After spending the last month or 2 defending my re-ignited interest in the automobile (more of that at some other time), my bad luck continued today in car-form as though to taunt me.

On the way back from dropping off broken PC number 2 (see previous post), my car suddenly developed a nasty clunking noise. This grew into a juddering, mechanical grind within minutes and a brief hoist onto the ramp at the garage confirmed that not only were my brake discs about to go, my exhaust was on it's way out too.

I tend to think of amounts of money in terms of the things I could buy with them. This little trip to the computer repair store has just cost me a 1970s Marshall JMP Super Bass.

They say things come in threes though so let's hope that's it now.

No comments: